When looking after your liver, plenty of green vegetables and oily fish is recommended to give your liver the nutrients and omega 3 it needs to help do its job better. Here we have a tasty, healthy and liver-loving recipe that is rich in all the vitamins our body needs.
Oriental Salmon and Broccoli Tray Bake with Stir-Fried Curly Kale
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets, pre-cooked
- 1 lemon – ½ for juice, ½ for quartered
- Small bunch of spring onions sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g bag curly kale
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Place salmon in large roasting tin leaving space between each fillet.
- Wash and drain the broccoli florets, and while wet, scatter on the baking tray around the salmon.
- Pour lemon juice over salmon and broccoli and add the lemon quarters in the tray.
- Add half the spring onions to the tray and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Put in the oven for 14 minutes
- In a large wok, heat the oil and add the curly kale and a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Season and stir-fry for 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and chilli for the final 2 minutes.
- When the kale is tender and vibrant, remove from the heat and serve.
- Remove the salmon tray bake from the oven and sprinkle over the soy sauce. Put back in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining onions before serving.
Heritage Healthcare deliver care and support services to help more people remain living in the comfort of their home for longer. Our care assistants are able to prepare meals, help with personal care and are a friendly companion so no feels alone when living independently.
To find out more about the services Heritage Healthcare provide, click here.