At Heritage Healthcare, we go above and beyond!
Do you have a passion for care and helping others in your local community? Do you want to be part of an amazing team that truly care about its colleagues and clients? Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference and feel values?
Heritage Healthcare Wakefield and Kirklees is expanding its team and looking for compassionate and dedicated individuals to become Home Carers.
As a Home Care Assistant, you will be providing personal care and support through a variety of tasks that helps to make a true and real difference in people’s lives. This role focuses on enabling individuals to access their community, enjoy daily activities and live independently within their own home.
A driving licence and access to a vehicle are essential for this role.
Responsibilities of the Care Assistant:
- Duties include personal care, meal preparation, Administration of medications, social and companionship support
- To empower and support our Clients’ individual needs according to their personalised care Plan.
- Take pride in recording the support you have offered our clients by keeping accurate records and communicating clearly with your team members.
- Offer an outstanding service which is safe, caring, responsive and effective. Commit to attend team training and meetings. Uphold working practices within the boundaries of the Health and Safety at work act. Support wider centre teams as part of a holistic approach to service delivery.
- Personal qualities: we are looking for caring, trustworthy and reliable people who want to improve the lives of others.
- Flexibility: Full and part-time hours, with flexible shift patterns. 07.00 – 15.00 and 15.00 – 22.00 available. Alternative weekend work required.
- Transport: we need our Home Carers with a driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
- Experience: previous caregiving experience is an advantage, although full training will be provided
- Good organisational skills and Android phone skills
- Excellent rates of pay from £9.90 per hour, rising to £11 per hour after a satisfactory probation period.
- Bank holiday enhancement pay rate.
- Full and part-time hours per week, with flexible shift patterns
- Paid mileage of 30p per mile.
- Paid holidays
- Free branded uniform with annual replacements.
- Excellent 3 day in-house induction and ongoing training scheme
- Access to essential PPE
- Career progression – NVQ Levels 2 and 3 and Diplomas in Health and Social Care encouraged to progress to following completion of probationary period.
- Incentives and awards – including pension, monthly quizzes, social events, attendance bonus, above and beyond awards and birthday celebrations.
Our job is to care for you so you can care for our clients with confidence and pride! If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your skills and to make a difference in other people’s lives, become part of the Heritage Healthcare Wakefield and Kirklees team!
Don’t have a CV? Click here to complete our Job Enquiry Form