This season, we launched our #SummerSafety campaign, in which we shared information about how to keep safe in heated weather, ways to keep hydrated and ideas for days out to enjoy with older relatives.
Being able to relax in the sun (with plenty of sunscreen and shade, of course) is one of the most enjoyable moments of summer. To make it that extra bit more relaxing, you’re going to need a refreshing drink.
Below is one of our favourite drink recipes, Thyme Lemonade. It’s sweet, chilled and just what you need to accompany socialising with family and friends or reading a good book.
Homemade Thyme Lemonade
- 170ml lemon juice
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 110g Sugar
- 110ml Water
- 700ml Soda Water
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan along with the thyme and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool and remove the thyme.
- In a drinks pitcher, combine the cooled sugar syrup with the lemon juice.
- Add in the soda water, add ice and serve.
At Heritage Healthcare, our Care Assistants are there to support clients with their everyday life, including personal care, household duties and companionship. To find out how Heritage Healthcare can support you and your loved ones, take a look at our Services page or find your care office by clicking here and have a chat with our dedicated and friendly care team.