IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates MUST be a car owner with a full driving licence!
We are actively recruiting enthusiastic, flexible and reliable individuals to join our out-of-hours emergency On-Call team in Darlington and Teesside.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for ensuring that all care calls are covered when a carer calls in sick or is unable to make a call. You will be required to perform a variety of on-call duties and to work closely with the Care Co-ordinators in order to provide a high-quality service to clients.
On-Call shift patterns will be:
- Monday – Friday, 5pm – 10pm
- Saturday – Sunday, 6.30am – 10 pm
Full-time and part-time hours are available with alternate weekends. You will work from home for this position as well as within the client’s home when required.
Please note: As of April 2022, it will be a government requirement for all frontline care staff to be double vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are medically exempt. To follow this requirement, we will be asking about your vaccination status.
The role of the On-Call Care Supervisor:
- To receive and respond to any telephone calls and action any missed visit alerts via our electronic call monitoring system
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and respond to them as needed
- Taking messages and documenting all calls for office staff to respond to the next working day
- Provide a high level of care at short notice to individuals living in the community when their regular care worker is unable to attend for a variety of reasons
This position will require an experienced care worker to provide short-notice care to individuals living in and around the Darlington, Stockton, Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland area depending on where the need arises.
Responsibilities will also include personal care, support with medication, meal preparation. Our focus is to enable people to continue living in the place they feel most comfortable, helping them to enjoy a healthier and more fulfilling life with expert care and support.
Additional domiciliary care hours could be made available if required during weekdays.
Requirements for this role:
- An NVQ Level 2 in care and ideally a Level 3
- Excellent communication skills
- MUST have a driving licence and OWN transport
- Be flexible and committed
- Experienced in care
- Required to complete weekly COVID tests
- MUST be able to commit to this availability
Why join Heritage Healthcare?
- FREE DBS Certificate
- On-going career development
- Induction training and support
- Out-of-hours company laptop and mobile phone
- Mileage paid
- Refer a friend cash bonus
- Uniforms provided
Want to make a difference in your local area? Join Heritage Healthcare today!
Don’t have a CV? Click here to complete our Job Enquiry Form