The International Day of Friendship will take place on 30th July. Hosted by the United Nations, the day celebrated the shared spirit of human solidarity which forms friendship.
At Heritage Healthcare Epsom, we provide a trusted friendship alongside our home care services. With our team of dedicated carers, our clients know they will be visited by a friendly face to help with day-to-day tasks at home.
Age UK reported that over 1.4 million older people are chronically lonely in the UK, with 17% saying they have less than weekly social contact with family, friends and neighbours.
The report also found older people aged over 50 are 3x more likely to often feel lonely if they are unable to do the things they love, whilst they are also 1.6x more likely to feel lonely is they live alone. With the support of our companionship service, we encourage independence and interaction to prevent social isolation.
Our companionship service helps keep the mind and body active by:
- Having a catch up on the latest news and what is happening within the local community
- Reminiscing on memories and stories
- Getting out into the community and visiting friends and family
- Enjoying hobbies together such as crafts or board games
- Attending social groups and events
- Accompanying to the local shops
- Enjoying a day out at a local attraction or entertainment venue
Our home care service enables more people to remain living in the comfort of their own home for longer. We match our clients with a small team of carers they can enjoy a trusted friendship with, who they look forward to seeing each week.
We work with our clients and their loved ones to create a care plan tailored around their unique needs and requirements, that can be adjusted to changing health needs.