Becoming a Home Carer is a rewarding career choice. The pandemic has shown how vital carers are within our communities.
When we recruit Home Carers, we look for compassionate and dedicated people who can change the lives of our clients and deliver care and support. We match our clients with a small team of carers who they can build a trusted friendship with and look forward to seeing.
If you are considering being part of the care industry and providing high-quality care to your local community, here are the benefits of why you should be part of one of Heritage Healthcare’s care team:
- Fantastic and competitive rates of pay – we also provide an attractive mileage allowance to support you between care calls.
- Training opportunities – our expert training enables our care team to expand their knowledge and deliver high-quality care and support to our clients within their own homes. New carers take part in induction training and achieve their Care Certificate before getting out into the community, giving them the best start to their care career.
- Flexibility – every care package is different; our clients require different levels of care at times that suit them to continue living independently at home. To deliver extra support and match the lifestyle of our carers, we provide full-time and part-time hours, covering care visits in the morning, afternoon, evening, weekends and bank holidays.
- Career development – as a carer, you can progress in your career within the health and social care industry. With a variety of training opportunities throughout your career with Heritage Healthcare, you can start to take on bigger challenges and develop your skills and experience. Our open-door policy means if you have any concerns within your role or would like extra training, we are more than happy to support you.
- Make a real difference – being a carer is not only a rewarding career but is vital to our communities. You are there to help vulnerable individuals to continue living in the comfort of their own home whilst supporting them with day-to-day tasks. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown how essential keyworkers are to help our nation moving forward. Our home care service is person centred, working with individuals, their loved ones and other healthcare professionals to create a bespoke and adaptable care plan based on their unique needs and requirements.
- Help combat loneliness – 17% of older people have said they are in contact with family, friends and neighbours less than once a week; loneliness within the elderly community has become a growing issue that we want to combat. With your support, our clients can look forward to seeing a friendly face who they trust and have formed a friendship with. They may want support going to their favourite café to meet friends or might want to sit with a cup of tea and have a chat – with you as their companion, they can stay independent and no longer feel lonely.
At Heritage Healthcare, we provide person-centred care to help individuals remain living at home for longer. We support personal care, household duties, respite, companionship, dementia care, complex needs and palliative care.
To be part of our expanding team, please visit our careers page by clicking here where you can find our latest vacancies. You can also find your nearest Heritage Healthcare office by visiting our ‘Locations’ page here.